Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Its so Ho Ho Hot here....

The clock says 11pm and the thermometer on the wall reads 31 degrees celcius while I'm sitting here at the moment battling the urge to jump on the first flight to the states and share the holiday season with Lyn... Honey, you got a spare bed.. sofa or piece of floor for a tired, hot and uncomfortable Aussie?

Thankfully tomorrow the weather should only be 27 and 25 for the 25th. Oh how a girl can only hope.

Christmas is hard to get into the swing of when its too hot to move, though we are doing pretty good at keeping festive (now I finally got the bug)... yesterday we baked gingerbread ladies, (who says that they have to be men!? Though i did have a chuckle and wonder if I should be burning my bra at the same time!)spiced christmas cookies, though due to an extremely heavy hand and or the fact that I opened the wrong end of the spice dispenser, these tasted very cinnamon-y... and topped off the cooking with chocolate cookies that had little bits of "candy cans" in them.. (aka candy canes)and extra sprinkled over the top for good measure.

Today... the postman knocked at my door rather early and handed me a package from an angel to open and pop the contents of beneath the tree... now its really looking like christmas... and feeling a lot like it too.

While I am rambling, I have just had a thought.... y'all have read about my advent countdown, right? The gift every day!? Well... since it is 50 minutes until tomorrow, does that mean that I could possibly open my 24th!? Honestly, this little package has boggled me ever since I saw it... even though the first time, it was through tears as I read the beautiful dard that was attached to it.. Seriously... the excitement of opening this last present is almost making me explode... could i possibly ever sleep though til morning!?
~L~

Okay... so.. im sticking to the chair here.. which is a great indication that i have to go have another quick cold shower..

Have a great day/night... Lyn, save some snow for me!
xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just checked and it's 19 degrees here. That would be -7.222222 for you! Come on over...we will stick ya somewhere!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Love ya!